Introduction to Small RNA Sequencing
Small RNAs (sRNAs) are short RNA molecules, usually non-coding, involved with gene silencing and the post-transcriptional regulation of gene expression. sRNA Sequencing (sRNA-seq) is a method that enables the in-depth investigation of these RNAs, in special microRNAs (miRNAs, 18-40nt in length).
Novogene sRNA-seq service is an effective approach to selectively target any species of sRNAs with unprecedented sensitivity and high resolution, all in a single analysis. Coupled with a robust in-house bioinformatics pipeline, Novogene sRNA-seq service has been assisting researchers to describe the differential expression of miRNAs, structural alterations, and to discover novel sRNAs.
Applications of small RNA sequencing
sRNA-seq has been supporting many compelling research avenues, including:
- Profiling known and novel transcripts and expression quantifications of small RNA
- Predicting targeting genes of miRNA candidates
- Identifying tissue, stage, or cell type-specific biomarkers for cancer/disease diagnostics and classification
- Discovering regulatory networks and understanding the mechanisms of tissue or organism development based on transcript profiles
Benefits of Novogene small RNA Sequencing
- The Novogene sRNA-seq is a well-established service that relies on extensive experience, with numerous samples successfully sequenced. It allows access to expression profiles and transcript characterizations for multiple small RNA species, with a tried-and-tested workflow for both input sample of total RNA and exosomal RNA.
- Novogene offers comprehensive analyses using top-notch software and a mature in-house pipeline, meeting all your bioinformatics needs. Researchers can obtain the regulation network, the deep regulation mechanism of gene expression, and more, with Novogene’s high quality services.
sRNA-seq Specifications: RNA Sample Requirements
|Library Type||Sample Type||Amount||RNA Integrity Number (Agilent 2100)||Purity (NanoDrop)|
|Small RNA Library||Total RNA||≥ 2 μg||Animal ≥ 7.5, Plant ≥ 7, with smooth baseline||A260/280 = 1.8-2.2
A260/230 ≥ 1.8
|Exosomal Small RNA Library||Exosomal RNA||≥ 10 ng||Peak between 25-200 nt, FU> 10, no peak > 2000 nt|
sRNA-seq Specifications: Sequencing and Analysis
|Sequencing Platform||Illumina NovaSeq 6000|
|Read Length||Single-end 50 bp|
|Recommended Sequencing Depth||≥ 10 million read pair per sample|
|Standard Analysis (miRNA)||
Project Workflow of Novogene sRNA-seq Services
The project workflow starts with sample quality control (Sample QC) to ensure that your samples meet the criteria of the sRNA-Seq technique. Then, the appropriate library is prepared according to your target organism and application, and subsequently tested for its quality (Library QC). Next, a single-end 50 bp sequencing strategy is used to sequence the samples and the resulting data is also checked for its quality (Data QC). Finally, bioinformatic analyses are performed and publication-ready results are provided.
Novogene’s comprehensive sRNA-seq empowers researchers to investigate the differential expression and regulatory network of miRNAs, structural alterations, and to discover novel small RNAs. Here is a list of publications below that have used Novogene’s sRNA-seq services.
NatureIssue Date: 25 March 2020IF: 42.778DOI: 10.1038/s41586-020-2135-x
Nucleic Acids ResearchIssue Date: 19 June 2019IF: 11.501DOI: 10.1093/nar/gkz526
sRNA Length Distribution
sRNA Classification-Repeat Sequence
TPM Density Distribution