In metagenomics, genomes from environmental samples are analyzed without the prior isolation and cultivation of individual species; therefore, it is a powerful technique for studying microbial communities in their natural habitat, with a broad range of applications. At Novogene, our customers can rely on our expertise in NGS to help them explore the rich genetic repertoire of microbial communities, while also benefiting from our bioinformatics expertise to help identify the species, genes, and pathways represented in their samples. Novogene provides metagenomic sequencing service with Illumina HiSeq platform and assembly-first strategy, and our bioinformatics analyses provide gene predictions, function annotations, and taxonomic annotations. Our standard analysis package includes mPATH, heatmaps, PCA, cluster analysis, and other programs, generating high-quality, publication-ready data.
The Novogene Advantage
- Highly experienced: We have completed over 400 metagenomic sequencing projects for our customers, and have published multiple metagenomic studies.
- Outstanding service: We provide high-quality sequencing, an efficient standard workflow, and bioinformatics analyses at a cost-effective price.
- Effective methodology: Our techniques enhance the generation of data from low-abundance species.
- Comprehensive analysis: Expert bioinformatics analysis with three databases (KEGG, eggNOG, CAZy) provides comprehensive data on annotated genes and metabolic pathways.
- 350 bp insert DNA library
- Illumina platform, paired-end 150 bp
Data Quality Guarantee
- For each sample, 6Gb and 12Gb packages are offered, with Q30 ≥ 80%.
- DNA amount: ≥ 1 μg
- DNA concentration: ≥ 20 ng/μl
- DNA volume: ≥ 20 μl
- Purity: No degradation, no RNA contamination
- Within 25 working days from verification of sample quality (without data analysis)
- Additional 10 working days for data analysis
Recommended Sequencing Depth
- Two strategies: 6 Gb raw data or 12 Gb raw data
List of Analyses
- Our standard analysis package includes gene prediction, function annotation, and taxonomic annotation, mPATH, heatmaps, PCA, Krona, cluster analysis, MetaStats, and OG-Taxa.
- Our advanced analysis package includes MRPP, ANOSIM, NMDS (Non-metric Multidimensional Scaling), CCA/RAD, and LEfSe (LDA Effect Size).
Table. The following table shows sample data from metagenomic sequencing projects conducted by Novogene. The effective rate, comparing clean data to raw data, was very high, with an average of over 94%, indicating that the base calling was highly accurate.
Figure. Gut microbiota genera strikingly different across groups
|Sample||Insert Size (bp)||Raw Data||Clean Data||Clean_Q20||Clean_Q30||Clean_ GC (%)||Effective Rate (%)|